Monday, December 4, 2006

Holy Spirit



I was listening to the old marine preacher (Shepherd's Chapel) on TV yesterday, actually catching up after last week's little break, and he said something that made so much sense. He said the Holy Spirit is our advocate between us and the world. So when we're in trouble, in any way, we should ask the HS for help. I really like that. I've always had trouble figuring out what to pray for because I know God knows everything, loves His children, and therefore His will is the best way. But, thinking about the HS as my lawyer, counselor, etc, really makes a lot of sense. Perhaps more so now:>) Isn't God wonderful? He sends the right message at the right time.

John 14:16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever—

8 comments:

The Merry Widow said...

Yep, a Comforter, a Paraclete(one who comes alongside to help carry a burden)!
Morning, Eyes, how's everything going?

tmw

Brooke said...

Amen, Eyes!

nanc said...

WONDERFUL COUNSELOR!

i could spend what's left of my life in an eight by eight prison cell knowing this!

VerityINK said...

Sometimes, when I go to pray, I frequently simply do it to open up a conversation with God on a deeper level. Then I simply ask Him what He wants from me, what His plan for me is...that way I don't always have to feel like I'm constantly asking for things--which used to bother me!

The Merry Widow said...

Sometimes, I just go to HIM to "hang out" with HIM. I don't need or want anything, I just want to sit and chill with my DADDY and BIG BROTHER! Maybe it's a beautiful day and I just want to sit and enjoy it with THEM!

tmw

VerityINK said...

Oh, I used to listen to Sheperd's Chapel all the time. My sis and I even drove to the Gravette, AK studio on our way to Eureka Springs that year and met Pastor Murray. Very nice man. Gravette is just one stoplight, though!

elmers brother said...

Jesus is described as our advocate in I John and this weekend our pastor finished a series on James...we were in chapter 5:13-18...it talks about prayer...

elmers brother said...

OT party at nanc's new place byob