Saturday, March 22, 2008
The Golden Rule
Mark 12:29-31 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this:'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."
Here are some good ideas:
1. Let them know you care by contacting them (call, card, visiting, inviting)
2. Be supportive, cheerful, encouraging and caring. Make them feel good.
3. Do things that they enjoy with them.
4. Be loyal. Stand up for them with other people; defend or support them.
5. Focus on their problems. Offer understanding, kindness, and reassurance.
6. Physically help them out when they need something.
7. Remember their personally significant occassions.
8. Compliment their looks, intelligence, talent, or other sterling qualities.
9. Help them feel better during their low times.
10. Be punctual, keep promises no matter what, remember and honor commitments.
(I know, that picture has not much to do with the subject... but I just like it... and it's my blog:>D)