Thursday, May 24, 2007
"Because They Hate"
Just finished Brigitte Gabriel's book "Because They Hate". I like collecting 'recommendations' which are usually at the back of the book. Here's hers:
"1. Close Our Borders
2. Reform the Immigration and Naturalization Process
3. Increase Human Intelligence
5. Control Education of Foreign Students of Hostile Countries (no science courses).
6. Develop Alternative Energy Sources
7. Silence Any Teaching of Hate and Intolerance Against Our Country
8. Contact Elected Officials:
- Pass laws that will publicly disclose which countries sponsor terror.
- Support the Patriot Act.
- Ensure wide presidential powers to protect us during this time of war.
- Restrict visas granted to Islamic foreign nationals each year.
- Provide for US energy security and reduce oil imports.
- Create legislation that will lead to alternative fuel sources.
- Pass laws that promote Western values and ideals, and dismiss PC.
- Secure the borders
- Fight legislation that empowers all tax-exempt religious organizations with increased abilities for political influence.
- Enact laws to discourage excessive foreign funding for religious groups in the US.
- With Islamic countries, insist on reciprocation or no deal. If they want to build a mosque here, we build a church there.
- Pursue all means available to uncover the plots of terror cell members.
9. Monitor Your Local College or Universities Middle Eastern studies programs for anti-semitic, anti-western proclivities.
10. Report Suspicious Activity or Behavior.
11. Join an Activist Organization Against Terror
12. Lobby for patriotic Education in America’s Schools
13. Stay Informed and Speak Out
14. Promote Western Values in Your Home
15. Important Things You Can Do:
- Divest your own portfolio of investments in companies that do business with terrorist-sponsoring states. Go to www.divestTerror.org.
- Learn which Muslim organizations have ties to terror.
- Learn about the electromagnetic pulse attacks and the EMP Threat Commission.
- Defend and support all movements toward personal freedom in the Middle East.
- Reduce your own fuel consumption.
- Support our troops."